Dawn 'The Pet Nanny'
Our foster kittens at 3-4 weeks old. Sam is in the first picture.
Q What are the benefits of using 'The Pet Nanny' instead of a kennels or
- Your pets get to stay at home where they feel safe and secure in their own environment.
- No stressful travelling.
- You don't need to make sure vaccinations are up to date
- Less risk of your pet picking up fleas or other infections such as cat flu and kennel cough.
- Your pets will receive one on one attention.
- Better for pets who are indoor only, older or just not keen on socialising.
- Dogs can be walked and exercised.
- Security and piece of mind for you as your house is being checked regularly.
Q What if I have a bird avery or a fish tank full of fish, how will I be charged?
All service levels provided include up to 3 pets in the price. A small avery/fishtank counts as one animal, a large aviary/fishtank counts as 2 animals.
Q Can I arrange for my dog to visit the groomers before I return home?
For an additional cost I can take your pet to their usual groomers or I can provide basic grooming or washing services (brush and trim around paws, eyes etc.)
Q My dog is not good with strangers. Can you still provide a service?
I would be able to asses your dog on my first visit and from there recommend what I can do to provide you with a service; whether it is several 'get to know your dog visits' before you go, or some basic training techniques to help with socialising.
Q What if my pets become unwell or is injured while I am away?
I would contact you immediately but if you were not available then call your second contact. Once advised I would then contact your named vet (named in the initial consultation). I am trained in administering medication if required and I would do extra visits in accordance with the vets advice.
Q Have you been Police Checked?
Yes, both my husband and I went through police checks when emigrating, I have also had a recent Australian Police check done as well. I would like to assure you that both your pets and your house will be in safe hands while you are away.
Q Do you look after animal such as Horses, Goats or Chickens?
Yes, and I do have clients with all the above. I myself have been a horse owner in the past with experience riding dressage and jumping.